This recipe is tomato-based stew consisting of pork in tomato sauce with the tangy flavor of pineaplle.
- 1 1/2 lbs pork stew
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pc medium onion, chopped
- 1 pc small red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 pc small potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup cooked/frozen green peas
- 100 g Baguio beans, sliced
- 1 pc small carrot, cut into chunks
- 1 pouch (200 g) Tomato Sauce
- 1 can (234 g) Pineapple Chunks, drained (reserve syrup)
- Saute onion, garlic and pork and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Add the syrup of pineapple, 1tsp of iodized fine salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Add the potatoes and carrot and cook for about 10 minutes. Then add Baguio beans, green peas, bell pepper, DEL MONTE Fresh Cut Pineapple Chunks and DEL MONTE Tomato Sauce and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.