This dish is a comfort food suitable for any time of the year especially during cold months and when you are sick.
- 2 cups water
- 2 -3 celery ribs
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 (32 ounce) boxes low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 ounces 100% whole grain wide egg noodles
- 2 (10 ounce) cans boneless skinless chicken breasts, drained
- In a food processor, dice the celery & carrots until finely chopped.
- Spray a large pot with cooking spray then turn the heat over medium low heat. Add and saute for 5 minutes the vegetables and chicken.
- Pour into spices the broth & water next stir. Boil and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the noodles then cook for 5-7 minutes until done and serve.