Food is an important part of a Filipino culture in every special event in the Philippines; a gathering would not be complete without foods being served in the table. Food is a way of connect families, friends, or communities together.
During holiday seasons, Filipino family would do their best to come home to be able to reunite, dine and celebrate with their family members even if it would mean traveling from a far distance place.
Here are some foods you would probably notice during a typical Filipino family gathering:
1. Pancit – a local Filipino cuisine being served on birthdays to wish the celebrant a long life and good health, they must not cut it short so that it might not corrupt the symbol.
2. Spaghetti – in every occasion this food is always present on any Filipino table, a party favorite food enjoyed by all ages and it is easy to prepare and less expensive.
3. Salad – this sweet treat has been a favorite dessert served on any Filipino table, it’s easy to prepare and less expensive and it has a variety of salads a family can choose to prepare.
4. Cakes – is one popular food served on any Filipino table during occasions like birthdays, christening and even death anniversaries, this sweet dessert is always present.
5. Letchon – roasted pig has been the all-time favorite on any Filipino occasion, a gathering will not be complete without this food served on the table.
Filipinos are family-oriented people and preparing a traditional Filipino food is part of their life and culture. This is how they show how special the occasion is by preparing delicious food.
The listed foods are commonly prepared and served on any party and events in the Philippines and these foods are also seen on Christmas Eve where Filipino families gather together to celebrate the season.